Welcome to the online home of Mountain View Academy
About Mountain View Academy Private SchoolMountain View Academy, private school in Monte Vista, is a unique academic organisation aimed at empowering a future generation through leadership skills and social development.
Our family-orientated environment includes a specialised staff body of experienced, caring and motivated individuals. Our educators are consistently going the extra mile and taking the initiative to ensure that the learning environment is beneficial for every learner in our school. Educators are also trained in NILD therapy, ELS learning support and Cognitive mediation methods.
“Our mission is to foster independent thinking, self-confidence, strong moral values based on Christian principles, respect for others and a responsible attitude towards the environment and society.
“The school’s philosophy encompasses a strong Christian ethos within an inclusive environment where no one is made to feel excluded or unnoticed. We celebrate diversity and our classrooms are best suited to cater for children who learn better in smaller groups. To this end, we have an average of only 10 learners a grade.
Mountain View Academy private school was started in the year 2006 to provide parents with an alternative to a “one size fits all” system as experienced in our traditional mainstream schools.
The learners find themselves in an inclusive environment where they receive close individual attention in a small classroom environment. The learners’ academic needs are met at the level that they are at and where necessary, individual education programmes are set up so that each learner experiences success within their day. The emphasis is on skills development and independent study methods as opposed to the accumulation of facts by rote learning.
The curriculum and school terms laid down by the Western Cape Education Department are followed. The content of the curriculum is presented from a Christian rather than a Humanistic viewpoint.
English, Maths and Life Orientation are the core learning areas within the Foundation Phase at Mountain View Academy and all other learning areas are integrated within this programme. In the Intermediate and Senior Phases the learning areas, as laid down by the Western Cape Department of Education, are followed. Where necessary, alternative forms of assessment are implemented within our supportive environment.
Learners in the FET Phase are offered the following package of subjects: English Home Language, Maths, Maths Literacy, Afrikaans First Additional Language, Life Orientation, Business Studies, Consumer Studies, Physical Science, Life Sciences, Art, History and Tourism. Each grade consists of an average of 10 learners.
Wherever possible, field trips are arranged to provide the learners with practical experience within the integration of specific learning areas.
OUR MISSION: IT IS OUR AIM TO FOSTER
- Independent thinking
- Strong moral values, based on Christ’s teachings
- Respect for others
- A responsible attitude towards the environment and society
- We have a strong Christian ethos within an inclusive environment where no-one is made to feel excluded.
- We celebrate diversity and encourage respect for our peers.
- Our private school is for those learners who learn better in smaller groups.
- Where necessary, early intervention is encouraged and a multi-disciplinary approach is adopted.
- Teachers are trained as NILD educational therapists
- We meet the child at the level where he is at so that the learner may experience success within a supportive environment.
- We comply diligently to the CAPS curriculum so that if the child moves to any other school in South Africa, their profile and portfolio meets the standards of the Department of Education.